Loading...
2016年2月4日木曜日

International exchange 6: Sandra Turcinovic




Written by Sandra Turcinovic


 - Dutch
 - currently living in Duivendrecht, Netherlands


  Family. The word makes me smile from the inside. It fills me with warmth up until my ears. I immediately think of my parents and sister and I get the feeling I have when I am with them: at ease, at home.
  When I think of family, I see a childish drawing of people holding hands with beaming faces; worry-free smiles and sparkling eyes.
  I'm fortunate to have it. And I'm fortunate to have such a loving one. They have introduced the world to me and gave me the freedom to fill it with my own imagination.
  I was held by the hand long after I had learnt how to stand on my feet. I was shown what is good and what is wrong. I was pushed when I needed it and carried when I lacked the strength to stand up myself.
  There has always been a balance between protecting me and letting go at a certain point.
  They would always love me unconditionally and give me anything I needed.
  Now I'm older, I can broaden their horizon by teaching them something which is new to their ears. Now I can support them when they are going through a rough time. But the greatest gift of all, is having the ability to make them smile. And it is a beautiful feeling to be able to do something in return for all they have given me.
  I am grateful for having them in my life.


(Sandra Turcinovic / サンドラ・トゥルチノヴィチ)



Next: International exchange 7: Hirofumi Tokumiya
Previous: International exchange 5: Elisa Rudolf


0 コメント :

コメントを投稿

 
TOP