Loading...
1975年9月9日火曜日

Simone Koers "And God saw that it was good"

Phase 2: Simone Koers "And God saw that it was good"に対する、Jonatan Buloのexpression


  The first time I met Simone was at Central Station. We got talking and she told me that she was religious and believed in the bible. I must say that I am quite sceptic of contradictions and false moralities in general so  I am not a big fan of the catholic church. Of course there is a difference between the church and its people and I am really happy I did not let my contempt for the supernatural obscure my tolerance of the individual sitting across from me. We stayed in contact after our first encounter and I was content to hear she wanted to be a part of this project. Reading her essay filled me with delight. Her curious soul really shone through. Although I  don’t agree with her religious views I still enjoyed her essay a lot and it did make me think, which is the ultimate goal.



Phase 3: Jonatan Buloのexpressionに対する、Simone Koersの返答


  An opinion is something really valuable. That´s why it bothers me that with regard to debating ‘in my opinion’ or ‘I think’ is seen as a fallacy. With that, debating seems to be the best tool for a good conversation nowadays. I keep finding myself in situations in which I feel like I have to defend myself. It might be people tend to find understanding by this way of having a conversation. But I really don’t feel understood when my opinion is criticized. Why can’t we just try to understand someone’s opinion, instead of coming to an understanding? Jonatan showed me this indeed is possible, by being open minded and not judging. Asking further and respectfully showing his view instead of quickly concluding: this is not my kind of thing. “Thanks for sharing your opinion, I now have something to think about.” That’s a great conversational ending, in my opinion.










0 コメント :

コメントを投稿

 
TOP